Judges 4:14 NLT
Then Deborah said to Barak, "Get ready! This is the day the Lord will give you victory over Sisera, for the Lord is marching ahead of you."
12 Things The Negro Must Do For Himself by Nannie Helen Burroughs
(Circa Early 1900's)
1. The Negro Must Learn To Put First Things First. The First Things Are: Education; Development of Character Traits; A Trade and Home Ownership.
2. The Negro Must Stop Expecting God and White Folk To Do For Him What He Can Do For Himself.
3. The Negro Must Keep Himself, His Children And His Home Clean And Make The Surroundings In Which He Lives Comfortable and Attractive.
4. The Negro Must Learn To Dress More Appropriately For Work And For Leisure.
5. The Negro Must Make His Religion An Everyday Practice And Not Just A Sunday-Go-To-Meeting Emotional Affair.
6. The Negro Must Highly Resolve To Wipe Out Mass Ignorance.
7. The Negro Must Stop Charging His Failures Up To His "Color" And To White People's Attitude.
8. The Negro Must Overcome His Bad Job Habits.
9. He Must Improve His Conduct In Public Places.
10. The Negro Must Learn How To Operate Business For People--Not For Negro People, Only.
11. The Average So-Called Educated Negro Will Have To Come Down Out Of The Air. He Is Too Inflated Over Nothing. He Needs An Experience Similar To The One That Ezekiel Had--(Ezekiel 3:14-19). And He Must Do What Ezekiel Did
"Lord, God of Hosts, Be with us yet."
12. The Negro Must Stop Forgetting His Friends. "Remember."